An exemplification essay is not the most common assignment in modern schools, which is why the first time you are tasked with this essay, you will inevitably feel slightly confused. Yesterday you didn’t even know what an exemplification essay even was, and today you are expected to write a whole paper.
If you are currently preparing to write an exemplification essay and don’t know where to start, you have come to the right place. We are a top-rated college paper writing service that will tell you exactly how to write an exemplification essay like a pro writer.
What Is an Exemplification Essay?
The process of writing any academic assignment starts with learning what it actually is, which is why before you can write the first word of your exemplification paper, you need to learn the exemplification essay definition.
So what is an exemplification essay and is it really more complicated than any other assignment you have completed before? An exemplification essay is an academic paper where you need to provide examples to support your point.
In some ways, an exemplification essay is similar to the argumentative and analytical essays, which also require you to offer examples as supporting evidence for your points. However, argumentative and analytical essays allow you to use all kinds of evidence, including statistics and quotes, while exemplification essays focus exclusively on examples.
Exemplification Essay Outline
Creating a solid exemplification essay outline is the first step of an efficient writing process. The outline of an exemplification paper is not that different from the outline of other types of academic papers, but it does have a few peculiarities. Your exemplification essay outline will look like this:
- Body paragraphs
- Idea #1 with an example
- Idea #2 with an example
- Idea #3 with an example
Exemplification Essay Thesis
Just like any other form of academic writing, an exemplification essay cannot be imagined without a thesis statement. A thesis statement can be found at the end of the introduction and usually is just one sentence long.
But even though a thesis statement in an exemplification essay can be very brief, it actually has a lot of significance for the success of the paper. The thesis statement introduces the main idea of your paper to the audience and helps them understand what exactly you will try to prove.
Exemplification Essay Topics
The process of writing an exemplification essay starts with a great topic. In some cases, you will be given the topic by your professor and will need to work with what you have. If you can choose your own topic, consider yourself lucky — that way, you can write about the things you personally find interesting and relatable.
The key to choosing a good exemplification essay topic is to pick something you not only care about, but most people are familiar with. That way, they will have their own attitude to the problem, which can provide for a very interesting discussion after they finish reading your essay. Here are 10 exemplification essay topics for your inspiration:
- The internet can be a dangerous place for teens.
- 8 hours of sleep are essential for a person’s health.
- Aquarium fish make the best pets for busy people.
- Beauty is subjective, not objective.
- Facebook does not take data security seriously.
- Reading is the best hobby there can be.
- Milk is an unnecessary food product for adults.
- The work and life balance is actually easy to maintain.
- The negative effects of discovering oil in a country.
- Learning new languages positively influences one’s life.
How to Write an Exemplification Essay
Once you have selected a topic for your essay and are ready to begin the writing process, here is a step-by-step guide on how to write exemplification essay for a top grade:
- As soon as your exemplification essay outline is completed, you should start gathering the evidence for your paper. The examples in your essay must come not from your own experience, but from reliable sources. The sources should credible and widely recognized, so that you could cite them in your essay.
- You may find dozens of examples to use for your ideas, but not all of them are relevant and appropriate enough for an academic paper. Make sure every example you use is closely connected to the topic and content of the essay.
- Write the body of your essay. We know writing the body before the introduction may be unconventional, but it can be very helpful if you want your introduction to make the right impression. The secret here is that you will get a complete understanding of the nature of your exemplification essay and will be able to do a better job with the introduction. Each paragraph of the body of your exemplification essay will have the same structure. First, you will include the main idea that supports your thesis statement. Then you will provide the example. Finally, you will discuss the significance of the example and how it helps prove the main idea of the paragraph.
- Write the introduction. Now that you have a deep understanding of the thesis of your exemplification essay, you can finally write a strong introduction for your paper. A good way to instantly make the readers interested in your exemplification essay is to start the introduction with a hook — an attention-grabbing quote, fact, anecdote, or statistics. Then you need to introduce the subject of your essay in up to five sentences. Finally, formulate your thesis statement with one concise statement.
- Write a conclusion. The conclusion will only take about 1/10 of your essay, but it’s an essential part of the paper. At the beginning of the conclusion, include a paraphrased thesis statement to remind the readers about the goals you were trying to achieve. Then briefly reintroduce your examples. Finish the essay by stating once again why you believe your examples completely support the thesis statement.
- Proofread your essay. Once you complete the paper, take a break from it for a few hours or even days, if you can afford it. Then return to your exemplification essay and read it with a fresh pair of eyes. That way, you will easily spot any aspects of the essay that need to be corrected.
- Don’t hesitate to ask for help. Writing an exemplification essay is not the easiest task in the world, especially if you have several other assignments to deal with. Our USA essay writing service has already written hundreds of exemplification essays for other students and we are prepared to deliver your 100% original paper exactly when you need it!